VolunteerBenefits of Membership
Join the Team
Chemainus Health Care Auxiliary is looking for new members – men or women, youth to seniors – so that we can continue our valuable support to the community. We would love to hear from you!
Benefits of Membership
- giving back to your community
- sharing your knowledge and experience
- developing and practicing new skills
- feeling appreciated and needed
- meeting new people from all walks of life
- staying active (physically and mentally)
- helping youth develop valuable skills
2021 Volunteer Hours!
(Training is Provided)
- High school students helping the Activity Department of the Chemainus Health Care Centre provide activities for the residents (2 hours per week)
- Helping with Special Events, or Projects (on an as needed basis)
- Apply at the Thrift Store.
How to volunteer:
Come visit us at the Thrift Shop and fill out an application form.
9867 Maple Street
Testimonial from a Life Time Member
In 1951, I was asked if I cared to join the Women’s Auxiliary to the Chemainus General Hospital. I said yes partly because I knew some members of it and partly because I felt I needed to give some time to the community I had lived in for a year. My father was an example of someone who gave back so I joined the Auxiliary.
What has it given me? Above all it gave me many friends whom I treasure to this day, friends who keep in touch and let me know what is happening in Chemainus and to the Auxiliary. It gave me an opportunity to meet people in the community who although not members of the Auxiliary did their bit to support us by knitting garments for the Knitting cupboard in the old hospital and providing baking for the bazaars we held in the early days.
It let me spread my wings by becoming a member of the executive and to give support to the ever-widening activities of the Auxiliary like Meals on Wheels and above all the Thrift Shop. There, I sorted clothes in the sorting room, priced craft books and met the newcomers to the organisation. I loved being a sales person and meeting our many customers from here and abroad. Now I am asked to reminisce and remember what happened and when; it keeps my mental faculties alive.